Voice of Albertans with Disabilities 1st Annual Conference
October 18 & 19, 2018
Chateau Nova Hotel - Kingsway, 159 Airport Road, Edmonton Alberta
Voice of Albertans with Disabilities is hosting its first annual Conference and is seeking presenters for the event. The conference is a two day dialogue and information exchange. The conference will feature keynote speakers, workshops, panels, presentations and community information tables. This conference is ideally suited to individuals and organizations from Alberta focusing on Accessibility.
A motivational speaker to open the conference and set the tone for the activities is required for Thursday evening, October 18, 2018. Session, and keynote presenters are required for Friday October 19, 2018. The audience will be lead through a journey of topics that pertain to the conference theme “Together, We Hold the Power!” Through discussion, interaction and participation in the theme based topics, attendees will work to create strategies and solutions to community challenges, the purpose of the sessions will be to showcase where and how the community is moving forwards towards inclusion and accessibility in society.
The goal of this conference is to use the unifying theme so everyone can leave connected with each other and connected with solutions, where they know they are not alone in serving individuals with disabilities.
Call for Presenters:
The deadline for submissions is May 1, 2018. We want participants to learn new approaches, inspire action, and network with new contacts. The topics which presenters are asked to focus on are:
- Sexual violence and abuse
- Poverty reduction
- Human rights
- Accessible and affordable housing
Each presentation is one hour including questions and discussion periods. Submissions to present must include the following information:
- Identify the area of interest.
- Title of Presentation (relevant to submission/focus of your presentation.)
- Educational Objectives.
- Name(s) of presenter(s) as you would like them to appear in the conference program.
- Key Contact Information (address, email and telephone number.)
- Biography of each presenter (50 words or less.)
- Abstract suitable for inclusion in the conference program (sales pitch/description of your presentation.)
- Key-points that will be in your PowerPoints or an outline of your presentation.
- Presentation method details (also include audio/visual equipment required, room set up preference, etc.)
All submissions will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Relevance to the conference theme.
- Clarity and coherence of the submission.
- Contribution of knowledge, expertise or best practices.
- Relevance to participants.
- Evidence that submission will encourage interaction among conference participants.
- Key points of presentation and evidence of “participant take-away”.
Presenters should submit their proposal or questions to Maureen Murphy-Black, Provincial Coordinator at email: firstname.lastname@example.org before May 1, 2018. For further information or to discuss the presentation needs, call 780-488-9088 or 1-800-387-2514. To read the full click here.