In November 2016, the Auditor General released a report to recommend improvements to the AISH program. Here are three recommendations that outline the commitment to Albertans to make the AISH program better.
1) Improve Program Accessibility
- make the AISH program information more accessible and user friendly.
- simplify the AISH application form. The new simplified AISH application form should be available by July 31, 2017.
- improve the internal AISH application process.
2) Set Service Standards and Improve Eligibility
- Procedures and Guidelines
- set standards for application processing times.
- improve communication with applicants who are not eligible for AISH.
- support staff decision-making through enhanced training and supports.
- track and analyze appeal panel decisions.
- review all eligibility policies...to provide clarity and transparency.
- strengthen internal oversights and implement the Ministry’s Internal Audit recommendations.
3) Improve Reporting on Efficiency
The following indicators will be monitored and publically reported on:
- efficiency/timeliness of program delivery.
- effectiveness of program delivery.
Download File OR Read More »