Nominations are being accepted for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Medal, check out the criteria below! Nominate someone today.
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee medal
Call for Nominations – deadline October 15, 2022
VAD is seeking nominations for individuals that have dedicated themselves to the disability community.
To be eligible, nominees must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- living as of February 6, 2022; and
- demonstrated contributions to the disability community or field;
- be a leader in the community; and
- made a significant impact on a local level.
Nominees will be submitted to the Jubilee Medal office in November. Submit information as follows:
- Salutation, First & Last name
- Age and Gender (for statistical purposes only)
- Field of Endeavour
- Home address, phone, and email
- Personalized citation – 50-300 characters describing why the nominee was selected, focusing on individual achievements.
VAD will select nominations until October 15, 2022.
Awards event will be held December 10, 2022 by invitation.
The awards are an opportunity to share stories and raise profiles as role models in the community.
Voice of Albertans with Disabilities