Voice of Albertans with Disabilities offers disability awareness presentations to all school ages: Elementary, Junior High, High school and secondary education institutions. Our sessions are geared toward meeting your needs with a flexible approach. These presentations can last from fifteen minutes to an hour depending on your requirements. Through our Disability Awareness Presentations, students will develop and gain knowledge in:
- How to treat and act around a person with a disability
- Appropriate use of language
- The meaning of disability and impairment
- Understanding of people with disabilities rather than myths and misconceptions
- Attitudes and barriers faced by people with disabilities
- Interactive activities
To schedule a school disability awareness presentation, contact Michelle at our office at 780-488-9088, or email email@example.com.