Voice of Albertans with Disabilities offers disability awareness presentations to all school ages: Elementary, Junior High, High school and secondary education institutions.
Our sessions are geared toward meeting your needs with a flexible approach. These presentations can last from fifteen minutes to an hour depending on your requirements and are done through virtual platforms.
Through our Disability Awareness Presentations, students will develop and gain knowledge in:
- How to treat and act around a person with a disability
- Appropriate use of language
- The meaning of disability and impairment
- Understanding of people with disabilities rather than myths and misconceptions
- Attitudes and barriers faced by people with disabilities
- Interactive activities
To schedule a school disability awareness presentation, contact Michelle at our office at 780-488-9088, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.