Contact the Alberta Advocate for Persons with Disabilities
The Advocates name is Tony Flores, learn more about the Advocate at alberta.ca/apd or call 1-800-272-8841.
Contact Your MLA and MP
Connect with government officials to help build and foster positive relationships.
Tips for talking to your government official.
- Consider yourself an information source. You have first hand knowledge of your issue;
- Make the official aware of personal connections you share, no matter how insignificant they seem;
- Be on time, be organized, and be concise;
- Be courteous and thank them for their time and hard work;
- Be flexible and expect changes – elected officials have unpredictable schedules;
- Stay on message and anticipate their reaction and questions;
- Give specific examples of how the issue affects you, your business, and your staff; and
- Follow up on the meeting with a thank you note and any additional information they requested.
You will need your Alberta Driver’s License or Identification Card to access the system.